Search Professional Directory Guide¶
The FHIR Directory API gives you access to our entire directory of professionals (doctors, pharmacists, midwives, ...) or care structures (e.g., the emergency department of Strasbourg Hospital, EHPAD, ...).
Practitioner corresponds to the Healthcare Professionals.
Organization corresponds to the care structures.
You have to use the Access Token of an authenticated user with the
ORGANIZATION_READ permissions in the
scope to access the FHIR Patient API. For user authentication, take a look at the Connect Users Guide.
Practitioner has several key fields:
- Name: the name of the doctor
- Identifiers: the physician's identifiers, including his or her RPPS
- Qualification: in the XXX standard, you will be able to retrieve the qualifications of doctors
- Address: physicians' work addresses
- Telecom: contains the secure health messaging telecoms (MSS, Apycript) through which the doctor can be reached. Attention, you will have to go through the clinical exchange API to exchange with professionals via these channels, they require specific mail configurations.
Examples of search on Practitioner :
- Search by RPPS :
GET /Practitioner?identifier=http://lifen.fr/fhir/Identifier/practitioner-rpps|10000383181(optional system, only value required)
- Search by National Identifier :
GET /Practitioner?identifier=urn:oid:18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124|810000383181(optional system, only value required)
- Search by email :
- Search by address :
GET /Practitioner?address=100 BOULEVARD DU GENERAL LECLERC
To learn more about the definitions of the other fields, you can look at the definition of the fields here : FHIR Practitioner DSTU3
Organization has several key fields too :
- Name: the name of the care structure
- Identifiers: Identifies this organization across multiple systems
- Address: organization place
- Part-of: The organization of which this organization forms a part
To learn more about the definitions of the other fields, you can look at the definition of the fields here : FHIR Organization DSTU3